Lucknow, the capital of Uttar Pradesh, lies in the middle of the Heritage Arc. This bustling city, famed for its Nawabi era finesse and amazing food, is a unique mix of the ancient and the modern. It is home to extraordinary monuments depicting a fascinating blend of ancient, colonial and oriental architecture.
The city of Lucknow is known as the center for Urdu poetry and courtly diction highlights the best of this Uttar Pradesh capital. River Gomti, La Martiniere College, Residency, Asafi Imambara, Hussainabad Imambara, Rumi Gate, Picture Gallery, Saadat Ali Khan Tomb and Dilkusha Palace. Follow your friendly and professional guide to the city’s top attractions and learn about the history, culture and traditions of this incredible destination.
- Lucknow was the epicentre of the 1857 War of Independence, and much before that, it was the seat of a line of nawabs who gave the city its unique identity.
- Literature, cuisine, performing arts and tehzeeb put Lucknow a cut above the rest – and the world acknowledges it.
- Among the magnificent monuments are Imambara, Rumi Darwaza, Kaiserbagh Heritage Zone, Residency and Dilkusha.
- Chikan embroidery and zardozi have made Lucknow a brand in global fashion.
- Kebabs and biryani are the two lip-smacking delicacies that beckon visitors again and again.
- Relax and enjoy the city’s new age facilities, and visit again.